Friday July 2, 2010
Items Grab Buyers' Attention
Washington, DC — Buyers at the SWEETS & SNACKS EXPO registered more than 13,000 scans of items in the New Product Showcase.
The visitors scaned products they wanted follow-ups on from suppliers who exhibited in the showcase.
“Finding new products is the number one reason people attend the show,” comments NCA President Larry Graham. “Based on the interest level verified by customer scanning reports, we can expect to see them stocked at retail locations soon.”
He further suggests the top 10 confectionery and top five snack products scanned highlight the ongoing trends the NCA identified this year, including kid's novelty and lollipop items, hot licenses and combinations of sweet and salty.
Top 10 scanned confectionery products at the 2010 SWEETS & SNACKS EXPO:
1. Cocktail Classic jelly beans by Jelly Belly Candy Co.
2. ICEE Fizzing Lollipops by Koko's Confectionery & Novelty
3. M&M's Pretzel by Mars Chocolate North America
4. Disney licensed items by Imaginings 3, Inc. 5. Snow White Gift set from Pez Candy, Inc.
6. Dark Chocolate Acai Blueberry and Goji by Brookside Foods Ltd.
7. Pop Rocks Chocolate by Pop Rocks Inc.
8. Jumbo Push Pop by Bazooka Candy Brands
9. Jelly Pop from Decoria Co. Ltd.
10. Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Mini by The Hershey Co.
Top five scanned snack products:
1. Silly Seeds by Sunflower Food Co.
2. Nutorious Nut Confections by Nutorious
3. Biscotti Crisps and Seasoned Nuts by Sahale Snacks
4. Freeze Dried Fruit Snacks by Crunchies Food Co.
5. Chocolate Covered Candy Coated Kettle Corn by Kimmie Candy Co.